Ruth Consulting can assist in any automotive restraints related areas including safety belts, safety belt pretensioners, frontal airbags, side impact airbags and curtains, safety canopy for rollover, and other pyrotechnic restraint system controlled safety devices. However, Richard is uniquely qualified in Event Data Recorders and airbag system performance including deployment thresholds.
Unique qualifications in Event Data Recorders include serving on Ford's Event Data Recorder Policy Committee, being part of the Ford and Auto Alliance team responding to NHTSA's Part 563 rule, being Ford's primary interface with the Vetronix Corp (now owned by Bosch) who makes the equipment to read EDR's, serving as Ford's representative on tech SAE J1698 committee that developed a common EDR output format, serving on the ASTM forensic sciences committee developing EDR readout procedures, and presenting on EDR's at the 2004, 2007, and 2011 SAE toptecs on EDR's at the NTSB training academy. He personally helped debug many of the new releases from Ford to Vetronix to assure data integrity. His work on industry committees and with Vetronix/Bosch and suppliers that service other manufacturers give him unique insight in to the current state of the industry.
Ready to help you:
• Evaluate automobile restraints system performance in crashes and be
your expert witness
• Read and Interpret Event Data Recorders (EDR’s) from crashes
• Prepare attorneys for and testify in Frye and Daubert Hearings on EDR admissibility
• Shape EDR policy & capitalize on future potential uses of EDR technology in your firm
• Instruct others in the reading and interpreting of EDR’s in crashes
• Understand technology development and what technologies become feasible and when